Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Compatibility Q14.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a project I started with Q12 and I always was able to switch back-and forth between Quartus versions.  

Recently I started using Q14.1. But since the corresponding Modelsim version behaves strangely I cannot use my scripts there. 

So I wanted to go back to 14.0 to simulate. This is however not possible. When I try to open the project in Q14 it tells me  

Error (125048): Error reading Quartus II Settings File X.qsf, line 70 Info (125063): set_global_assignment -name QII_AUTO_PACKED_REGISTERS "MINIMIZE AREA" 

Should I change the settings, and if so, what do I need to change?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I believe there might be a backward compatibility issue occur here. Since the Quartus II 15.0 has been released, probably you could give it a try. There should be no issue migrating design from 14.1 to 15.0.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Since the error is related to this set_global_assignment -name QII_AUTO_PACKED_REGISTERS "MINIMIZE AREA", how about you remove this option in your qsf before archive to Q12? And try to unarchive it in Q15.0.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you both for your replues, but I have switched to Q15 as soon as it was available, and I have rewritten my scripts. I had forgotten about this thread, else I might have provided this info earlier. I apologize for not updating.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Glad to hear that the Q15 is working fine with you.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well I had to change my scripts, so I assume 14 would work now too.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your sharing. I guess since QII 15.0 is working now, might not need to try with 14.1 because I believe QII 15.0 should have more enhancement and bug fix.

0 Kudos