Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

driver problem Windows 7 64 bit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have been using an FPGA board ( http://www.ebay.de/itm/new-fpga-starter-altera-fpga-ep1c3t100-development-learning-board-/121137914993?pt=lh_defaultdomain_77&hash=item1c3461e471 ) for quite some time on my Windows 7 32 bit notebook. Now I want to use my Tower-PC with Windows 7 64 bit. 

When I try to use my USBBlaster to configure the board, all leds are turned off while quartus tells me configuration is 100 % successful. When I use my notebook afterwards, leds are working correct so USBBlaster and FPGA board are still working. It must be some driver problem. 

I followed this manual ( http://webstaff.itn.liu.se/~qinye/tnge15/manual_install_quartus_usbdriver_windows_7.pdf ) for Windows 64 bit that worked fine on my 32 bit notebook. 

Can anybody tell me how to install the USBBlaster driver on Windows 7 64 bit or what else to do ? 

It is a Cyclone 1 board so I'm using Quartus 2 9.1. 

:confused: 

Edit: 

I added Pictures for driver path, Installation was successful and driver Details. In driver details you can see that 32 bit and 64 bit dlls seem to have been mixed up. But even when I change it to the right path, my uSBBlaster doesn`t work.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I`ve taken Quartus II version 11 and now everything is alright. 

:)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good to hear that. I believe it is generally recommended to try with the latest Quartus II version to ensure latest OS compatibility. For your information, the latest Quartus II 15.0 is available for download now.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

While Quartus II 15.0 is available, you cannot use it for this board. As the board is based around a Cyclone (I) device, the most recent supported version of the software is Quartus II 13.0(sp..). Support was removed for this device in version 13.1.

0 Kudos