Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

creating simple controls

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are there some good example recent projects or demos for creating simple touch screen graphics controls (just simple messages & colored touch response buttons)? Everything I've seen has been too low-end (5x7 dot mono displays), or too high end (multilayer widows,scroll bars, drop-down menus, 3D renderings, etc), and/or very expensive packages (>$1000).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Look into the NEEK board: https://www.altera.com/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-cyc3-embedded.html 

It's a bit old, but very good if you want to do video and graphics and touch screen. It comes with a lot of demos on the included sd card. Very good board to start with.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the tip on NEEK, I was looking more for an actual project (e.g. here's my touchpad weather station, burglar alarm, sprinkler control system, etc project). I really don't want to do "video", although that is a vague term these days.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The demos that come with the NEEK board are actual projects: Image viewer, MP3 interface, etc. They're pretty cool. It uses touch screen as the control interface. And I believe it comes with project files. Not sure how detailed they are, i've never really looked at them in detail. Otherwise, check out alterawiki.com. There are many shared projects on that site, so you may find what you are looking for.

0 Kudos