Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

MAX + PLUS II in Windows 8

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone 

For some unknown reasons , when trying to download MAX + PLUS II , the download doesn't start. 

I'm using windows 8.1. Is it not compatible? 

At least I would expect the download to start.... I've tried using both Chrome and Internet Explorer as browsers but the result is the same.  

How can I manage to use MAX + PLUS 2? I need it for educational purposes (my university at politecnico di torino told us to use it to start working with FPGA and VHDL)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Max + PLUS 2 requires windows XP.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Btw, Tell your university to migrate their tools to the 21st Centuary. Max + Plus 2 is about 15 years old.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you want to consider using Quartus II? The latest Quartus II version is 15.0 currently.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

which version of Max+Plus II did you download?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Woww..Altera still support Max+Plus II license issue? Saw in the webpage this max+plus ii only supports max7000,max3000 ,acex and flex. I afraid its hard to get their help for old devices in case you need to submit the Service Request.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Usually, it would be hard to do migration due to the device used.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't think Altera still supports max+pluss II if there's any issue. But you can still download the software, i would suggest to try the latest baseline 10.2 in your machine: 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/download/legacy/maxplus2/dnl-baseline.html
0 Kudos