Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Quartus II software 30-day evaluation of free web edition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using Quartus 15 free web edition along with modelsim on linux and I have realized recently that I have been getting this message when using the quartus tools from the command line:  

Info (292036): Thank you for using the Quartus II software 30-day evaluation. 

I use Quartus as normal and do the mapper, fitter, planner, generation of sof or jic mostly in command line due to the project generation tools I use. Currently I have only 7 days left, will this prevent me from using the tools after the 7 days are up?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You are probably using the temp 30 day full license. After that expires the tool should still run in non-licensed mode, (web edition). Some features are disabled, and product are limited to smaller device families, but as long as you can live with these limitations you should be good. 

Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi kdgwill, 

You can look into the following document for comparison between the features with licensed vs web edition to see if it will impact your current design. For example, web edition does not have Stratix series supported. 

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/po/ss_quartussevswe.pdf
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You are probably using the temp 30 day full license. After that expires the tool should still run in non-licensed mode, (web edition). Some features are disabled, and product are limited to smaller device families, but as long as you can live with these limitations you should be good. 

Pete 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks Pete, I was worried I wouldn't be able to continue my project after the trial ended 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi kdgwill, 

You can look into the following document for comparison between the features with licensed vs web edition to see if it will impact your current design. For example, web edition does not have Stratix series supported. 

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/po/ss_quartussevswe.pdf 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi bfkstimchan, this link is actually pretty helpful, their is nothing that I see that openly concerns me so I suppose I will be fine. Thank you again.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi kdgwill, 

You are welcome. Glad that the link is helpful.
0 Kudos