Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16613 Discussions

Error instaling Cyclone V device support for Quartus Web Edition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have downloaded Quartus II web edition, installed it succesfully, but i have encountered an error trying to add Cyclone V support (cyclonev-15.0.0.145.qdz file) 

See attachment. 

Any tips ? 

Thanks, 

Stéphane.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have downloaded Quartus II web edition, installed it succesfully, but i have encountered an error trying to add Cyclone V support (cyclonev-15.0.0.145.qdz file) 

--- Quote End ---  

I'm also coming up against this exact problem - even with the Quartus II 15.0.1.150 Update installed as well. 

The other odd thing I've noticed is that, despite running Windows 7 Pro (x64), when Quartus starts up and asks me if I want to install device files, and I say 'Yes', it then says 'Quartus II software cannot launch the Device Installer for Windows 8 and newer operating systems'. 

'arria10_part1' looks like it could even be a valid name for one of the three Arria 10 device support files (Subscription Edition only), but why would a Cyclone V device support file be referencing that ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It seems like there might be a bug with the web edition which try to include the Arria 10 devices when you are trying to install the Cyclone V devices. As I understand it, the web edition does not support Arria 10 devices which may explain why the error talks about Arria 10. 

I believe you might need file a service request to Altera to report this to see if there is any workaround.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I'm also coming up against this exact problem - even with the Quartus II 15.0.1.150 Update installed as well. 

--- Quote End ---  

Workarounds are reported in this thread on Parallax : http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1333217 

Essentially, it looks like you have to install Quartus II and any device support files at the same time. This worked for me.
0 Kudos