Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

arriaII GX power sequence

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there one every a rule of the power supply sequence in ArriaIIGX? 

In altera eva. board,VCCA,VCCA_PLL(2.5V) are turned on after VCC,VCC_PLL(0.9V). 

PGOOD of VCC,VCC_PLL power supply is connected to EN of VCCA,VCCA_PLL power supply . 

Should I observe this rules?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry,There is a mistake of sentences, so I rewrite as follows. 

Is there a rule of the power supply sequence in ArriaIIGX? 

In altera arriaIIGX eva. board,VCCA,VCCA_PLL(2.5V) are turned on after VCC,VCC_PLL(0.9V). 

PGOOD of VCC,VCC_PLL power supply is connected to EN of VCCA,VCCA_PLL power supply . 

Should I observe this rules?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have u checked Arria II GX pin connection guideline? I believe u can get some info there;)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Per my understanding from ArriaIIGX, we can power up or power down the VCCIO, VCC, and VCCPD supplies in any sequence and at any time between them.  

However, you must bear in mind that the ArriaII power-on-reset (POR) circuitry generates a POR signal to keep the device in the reset state until the power supply's voltage levels have stabilized during power-up.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

You can refer to "Power-On Reset Circuitry" section in the Arria II GX device handbook (https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-ii-gx/aiigx_51012.pdf) for further details on the POP
0 Kudos