Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Is there IP catalog in Quartus II 11.0?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am doing PCI Express reference design as per "ip compiler for pci express" (https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_pci_express.pdf). At page 23 they are mentioning about tools>>ip catalog. In Quartus II 11.0, there is no IP catalog in "tools". So is there any method by which I can continue this reference design using quartus ii 11.0?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

The IP catalog is supported in Quartus II starting v14.0. Prior that 14.0, similar tool is Megawizard Plug-in Manager.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks a lot :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should check the reference design to see which Quartus II version was created and then use the same Quartus II version for it to avoid compatibility issue.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

fyi, if you are using the Quartus II version with IP catalog and open up design created with Megawizard, Quartus II should auto upgrade your IP. However, you could not downgrade from IP Catalog to Megawizard. In other words, you should not be able to open the design created ie with 15.0 in Quartus II 11.0.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

fyi, if you are using the Quartus II version with IP catalog and open up design created with Megawizard, Quartus II should auto upgrade your IP. However, you could not downgrade from IP Catalog to Megawizard. In other words, you should not be able to open the design created ie with 15.0 in Quartus II 11.0. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you everyone. Even I had the same question and the answers in this thread helped me. :) 

Ritesh
0 Kudos