Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

HPS pin current strength settings

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hallo, 

I got through a lot of documentation, but could not find an Information about that issue: 

I set up an Project in Quartus using HPS and FPGA. I finished that Project and everything works fine.  

Compiling Quartus generates handoff files for preloader where one part of these handoff files are the pin location and peripheral setting. 

So the HPS pins are configured with the preloader. 

But where are the current strengths of the pins are configured? 

If I change the current strength for example of the HPS Trace Data lines from 12mA to 8mA (as it is mentioned in datasheet to be configurable) in the quartus pin planner 

the Quartus program doesn't tell me that "any preloader source has changed and i should regenerate preloader"...but how does the HPS know than? 

Is the new current strength set with loading and starting FPGA netlist? Or do you have to regenerate preloader and "update message" is missing?  

Or is a software configuration in HPS necessary? 

I understand behaving and setting up Pins in FPGA, but i cannot get through the HPS pin configuration for current strength...  

When pins current strength of the HPS is not set up with preloader which current strength is configured as standard in HPS and i which step the current strength is set up? 

Best regards, 

Chris
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you find answer to your questions? I would like to know as well.

0 Kudos