Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

qsys-script hangs forever

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to run '$ qsys-script --script=generated_from_qsys.tcl' and the process hangs forever. 

Running on ubuntu 14.04. TLS, I know its not supported. 

So I'm not expecting a solution, but I think there's a deadlock between threads? 

Starting the program, waiting for "some" time, typing C^\, I get the following java thread dump: 

Thanks, 

Jos
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I had a similar problem when using the Intel FPGA OpenCL compiler 16.1, the process flow would simply hang on its firsts seconds, right after qsys-script was called. After CTRL+Cing it, no exception or dump was raised like yours. My solution was to delete all local files and folders generated by quartus on my home folder. I went further and deleted .local, .config, .cache and other folders in home (in my case I had nothing useful going on in this computer, so I had no worries if it broke my user). Compilation is now normal again. 

Cheers! 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I'm trying to run '$ qsys-script --script=generated_from_qsys.tcl' and the process hangs forever. 

Running on ubuntu 14.04. TLS, I know its not supported. 

So I'm not expecting a solution, but I think there's a deadlock between threads? 

Starting the program, waiting for "some" time, typing C^\, I get the following java thread dump: 

Thanks, 

Jos 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos