Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

nios2-flash-override

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Could anyone please confirm, that nios2-flash-override.txt method does not work in Quartius 15.1.2 neither in the gui nor in the command line untill indicated directly with the --override option. 

Thanks, 

NJ
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have found the same to be true. Additionally, on Win 7, you have to run the Nios II Command Shell as administrator or it will terminate, saying "Unable to open override file".

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I concur! 

I do have the same problem when migrating a project that was developed under Quartus II 13 to Quartuse II 16.1! 

Any solution? Any feedback from Altera? 

Thanks 

Jylo
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I concur! 

I do have the same problem when migrating a project that was developed under Quartus II 13 to Quartuse II 16.1! 

Any solution? Any feedback from Altera? 

Thanks 

Jylo 

--- Quote End ---  

Command line should work for you. If you want to run the flash programmer from the GUI, you can probably patch the flash programmer executable in the hex editor, substituting the EPCS chip name with the one you need. This method helped me with the DE0-Nano board, but won't work for every chip. 

NJ
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Smersh... 

I'm not really in a mood of patching the flash programmer, even though the temptation is high... 

I thus first contacted Support who suggested to use .jic files... after one night working on that I gave up! 

Then I tried with command line as you suggested, and after some slight adjustments it works. 

Thanls for your suggestion 

jylo
0 Kudos