Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

I have made a mistake in fpga design, in one bank vccpd is less than vccio ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Arria V SX Soc, during my design, i made a mistake that the vccpd bank 8 is 2.5v, the vccio bank 8a and 8c 8d is 2.5v, however i set the vccio bank 8b is 3.3v:cry:..i forget the vccpd must great than or equal to vccio, now i get my board, when i use signaltap ,the jtag can find fpga and hps,also i can run the hps regularly,but when i download the fpga sof program,when it finished,it always display "intance not found". i just want to whether i can confirm that this problem is due to the wrong voltage (vccpd is less than vccio)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, desa001. Did You resolve your problem? I have the same behaviour on Arria V GX. I can test JTAG, but I can't use SignalTap. And I can't download the sof-file by Programmer. All power pins in my design connected correctly. This board worked normaly, but suddenly SignalTap stop working. Other boards (the same) still working. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Arria V SX Soc, during my design, i made a mistake that the vccpd bank 8 is 2.5v, the vccio bank 8a and 8c 8d is 2.5v, however i set the vccio bank 8b is 3.3v:cry:..i forget the vccpd must great than or equal to vccio, now i get my board, when i use signaltap ,the jtag can find fpga and hps,also i can run the hps regularly,but when i download the fpga sof program,when it finished,it always display "intance not found". i just want to whether i can confirm that this problem is due to the wrong voltage (vccpd is less than vccio) 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos