Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

RTL Component for an OpenCL Library Example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm trying to integrate a RTL Module (VHDL/Verilog) in a OpenCL Kernel as a helper function, as it's described in the Chapter 2 "Altera SDK for OpenCL Advanced Features", section "OpenCL Library" of the "Altera SDK for OpenCL, Programming Guide" (2016.05.02). 

This guide quotes an example, in the section: "Using an OpenCL Library that Works with Simple Functions (Example 1)", but this example isn't available in the web: 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/design-examples/design-software/opencl.html 

I've had some problems with the kernel compilation when I use the RTL function, so I'm interested in acquire that example as a reference. 

Thanks 

Versions: 

Quartus II 16.0.211 

Altera SDK for OpenCL 16.0.211
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The documentation "Altera SDK for OpenCL Programming Guide "is incomplete and refers to a nonexistent examples on the website of Altera

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I haven't got round to reading the new version, but at fist glace this looks interesting. As for the examples I would try Altera support if I were you;

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have integrated a RTL Module (VHDL/Verilog) in a OpenCL Kernel as a helper function afterwards?I don't clearly about Using an OpenCL Library that Works with External Memory 

(Example 2)?I don't understand the way of performing the working with External Memory.
0 Kudos