Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12604 Discussions

Simple Socket Server Plus errors: undefined reference to 'install menu' & to 'stooges

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I downloaded the Simple Socket Server Plus example from here: http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/simplesocketserverplus and built the software project using the scripts provided via the Nios II command shell. I imported those files into Eclipse to create a Nios II app folder and BSP folder in Eclipse.  

I wanted to use those files for my FPGA board (Stratix III dev board), which is different than what the software was designed for (Cyclone III dev board). So I made a new Nios II application and BSP following the same steps I used for creating the regular Simple Socket Server software project in this pdf: https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/tt/tt_nios2_tcpip.pdf, except that I added the SSS plus files to the project and I also enabled the altera_ro_zipfs software package in the BSP editor. 

I did modify the files so that the hardware such as the LED_PIO are named correctly in the C files. 

When I try to build the project I get the following two errors: 

undefined reference to `install_menu' demo_control.c line 55  

undefined reference to `stooges' line 0  

These definitions can be found in menu.h which is in <projectname>_bsp/iniche/src/h/ 

Why can't the project access these definitions? Do I need to change something so that these definitions get linked properly to the software files like demo_control.c? The header of demo_control.c has a# include "menu.h" statement, so why is that not sufficient? 

I am a relative beginner to FPGA and C programming, and I am self-taught, so explanations of relevant concepts or terms are especially helpful to me. 

Thanks, 

Erin
0 Kudos
0 Replies