Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20702 Discussions

Issues with Max10 push button

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm using MAX10 FPGA development kit with 10M50D F484 package FPGA. But I'm having some problems regarding using the push buttons present in the board. As per the data sheet the push button has to be at 1.5V to be working but when I'm checking the voltage using a voltmeter I see they are all at 0V. Previously the push buttons were working correctly. Is it possible that the power supply to the push button got disconnected somewhere? Is it possible to reset the board in order to turn on the power supply to the push button ? Also the leds present on the board stopped blinking but there is 1.6V across the leds which is supposed to turn the leds on as per the data sheet. ( I have already used the CPU_RESET and PULSE_NCONFIG push buttons in order to reconfigure the board but no luck ). Can anyone please help me with this ?  

Thanks, 

Swarnava Pramanik
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That doesn't sound particularly good. Check the power rails on the board. Assuming it's the board I think you're referring to, check for each of the 1.2V, 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V 3.3V & 5V rails generated from the Enpirion devices. Check they're all good. Refer to the schematic for the board if necessary. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for the reply. I'm attaching the screenshot of the power monitor gui. To me it seems both the 2.5V and 1.5V supply has started malfunctioning. Could you please have a look at the screenshot and suggest something ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

They look terrible. However, I wouldn't rely on the built-in self test. Use an oscilloscope - assuming you've access to one - and look at all the rails I mentioned; they all go to the FPGA (although aren't all required to get the FPGA up). If you've no scope then at least check the rails with a multimeter. 

Does the embedded USB-Blaster work? 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos