Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Сannot get .sof and .pof files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello. 

I use Quartus Standard 9.0 

However, when I compile a project I cannot get .sof and .pof files 

I get a message "Warning: Can't generate programming files for project because design file filename.atm" is encrypted. It does not have license file support that allows generation of programming files." 

Please, help ASAP 

With kind regards, 

Alex
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The error message really explains what is going on. Your project includes an IP element that you haven't purchased a license for.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello. 

Thank you for the reply. 

We have activated Quartus Standard license. 

Unfortunately, after compilation of the project there is time-limited sof file only. 

Which components do we need to buy more ? Where it is in settings ? 

BR, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Examine IP cores in your design which require a license like DDR-2 or DDR-3 controllers.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you. 

It is written in Altera site: "Full licenses for the entire Altera IP Base Suite come free with purchase of a license for Quartus Prime Standard Edition or Quartus Prime Pro Edition development software." 

We have active Quartus Prime Standard fixed license now. 

It is written in Altera site: "If you have an active license to Quartus Prime Standard Edition or Quartus Prime Pro Edition design software, simply log on to the Self-Service Licensing Center to generate your license file and take advantage of the IP Base Suite." 

But it says, that "You do not have any products for which you can create a new license" 

How to examine IP cores in Quartus to know which licenses are needed extra ? 

Please, help me ASAP 

BR, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should contact Altera directly for help getting your purchased license installed. There is an installation guide on the Altera web site that has details. An I.T. person should be able to use it to get the software installed for you. 

You will need the information Altera sent you when you purchased the software.
0 Kudos