FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Issues with Max10 development kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm using MAX10 FPGA development kit with 10M50D F484 package FPGA. But I'm having some problems regarding using the push buttons present in the board. As per the data sheet the push button has to be at 1.5V to be working but when I'm checking the voltage using a voltmeter I see they are all at 0V. Previously the push buttons were working correctly. Is it possible that the power supply to the push button got disconnected somewhere? Is it possible to reset the board in order to turn on the power supply to the push button ? Also the leds present on the board stopped blinking but there is 1.6V across the leds which is supposed to turn the leds on as per the data sheet. ( I have already used the CPU_RESET and PULSE_NCONFIG push buttons in order to reconfigure the board but no luck ). Can anyone please help me with this ?  

Thanks, 

Swarnava Pramanik
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I'm using MAX10 FPGA development kit with 10M50D F484 package FPGA. But I'm having some problems regarding using the push buttons present in the board. As per the data sheet the push button has to be at 1.5V to be working but when I'm checking the voltage using a voltmeter I see they are all at 0V. Previously the push buttons were working correctly. Is it possible that the power supply to the push button got disconnected somewhere? Is it possible to reset the board in order to turn on the power supply to the push button ? Also the leds present on the board stopped blinking but there is 1.6V across the leds which is supposed to turn the leds on as per the data sheet. ( I have already used the CPU_RESET and PULSE_NCONFIG push buttons in order to reconfigure the board but no luck ). Can anyone please help me with this ?  

Thanks, 

Swarnava Pramanik 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Swarnava,  

Personally I will suggest you refer to the schematics and measure the voltage to see if the voltage is all correct.  

If the voltage you measure is correct, then it is very likely that 1.5V power might be dead.  

Barbara,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Barbara, 

Thanks for your reply. When I'm using the Board Test System GUI for power monitor it seems that both 2.5V and 1.5V graph are going bizzare. I have also attached the screenshot of the graph. Can you please have a look at the graph and suggest some solution ?
0 Kudos