Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

How to move the Qsys folder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I want to move the Qsys folder to a new position. What else do I need to change after moving/renaming the folder? 

I tried this before, but got an error in Quartus. 

Thanks for your support!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You probably just need to delete, re-add the .qip file. Or edit your .qsf file directly and change the path. 

FYI, instead of using Qsys to generate the files and adding the .qip to your Quartus project, you can also just add the .qsys file directly to your project. Then when you compile your project, Qsys will automatically generate the Qsys system.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

@ted: Thanks for the suggestion.  

I have changed the path to the .qip and it seems to work ... 

But I get the following errors if I try to generate the system by Qsys: 

Error: soc_system.intr_capturer_0: Component intr_capturer 100.99.98.97 not found or could not be instantiated Error: soc_system.avs_to_wbs_bridge_0: Component avs_to_wbs_bridge 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated:confused:
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Presumably those are custom IP cores - i.e. ones in your project directory, not in the Quartus ip directiory? 

If so, you will need to tell Qsys where to find them. In the directory where you put the Qsys file, create a file called "ipcores.ipx", and add the following: 

<library> <path path="relative/path/to/folder/with/custom/ipcores/in/it/**/*" > <!-- Keep the /**/* at the end of your path --> <tag2 key="COMPONENT_IN_PROJECT" value="true" /> </path> </library>
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

@TCWORLD: Thanks for your support! The stars "*" helped me a lot.  

Instead of ipcores.ipx, I added the following line to my .qsf file and it works fine! 

set_global_assignment -name SEARCH_PATH ../ip/**/*
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This doesn't seem to work anymore in Quartus Prime Standard 16.1. Can't figure out why does the options window in Qsys not accept relative paths?

0 Kudos