Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Inconsitency detected by ld.so

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello I have a problem with the offline compiler on Ubuntu (unsupported, I know). The compiler runs fine until a inconsistency detected error stops the program. It does not matter whether I use the high-effort flag or not. Previous problems with this were in Eclipse and could be solved using an update. I haven't seen one for this problem yet. Has anyone encountered this before, and do you know a fix or workaround? 

The full error is: 

Inconsistency detected by ls.se: dll-close.c 762: _dl_close: Assertion 'map->l_init_called' failed Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have similar problem while compiling opencl example vector_add 

2016.06.03.10:06:25 Info: kernel_system: "Generating: kernel_system_channel_adapter_151_jkalxuy" 2016.06.03.10:06:25 Info: kernel_system: "Generating: altera_merlin_master_translator" 2016.06.03.10:06:25 Info: kernel_system: "Generating: altera_merlin_slave_translator" 2016.06.03.10:06:25 Info: kernel_system: Done "<b>kernel_system</b>" with 16 modules, 67 files 2016.06.03.10:06:25 Info: qsys-generate succeeded. 2016.06.03.10:06:25 Info: Finished: <b>Create HDL design files for synthesis</b> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 759: _dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_called' failed! Performance warning: Async animation disabled because frame size (13608, 314) is bigger than the viewport (2160, 1109) or the visual rectangle (13608, 314) is larger than the max allowable value (17895698) Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 759: _dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_called' failed! Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 759: _dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_called' failed! Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 759: _dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_called' failed!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well, it is some time since I encountered this problem and I don't remember if I got it fixed or what I did. I do know I did not get the environment working under Ubuntu, so it could be I never have solved this.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just had the same alert on the command line as in the first line of your quoted code, except that the number was 811 rather than 762 and the problem occurred with the Quartus Prime Lite installation, but I had no error notice. The installation (on Ubuntu 16.04) finished successfully and the Quartus window happily popped up. The only minor inconvenience I can see is that I had selected the "Create desktop shortcut links" option at the end of the installation process, yet no shortcuts were created---maybe because the desktop directory is named Scrivania in my localized Ubuntu setup? 

P.S. I ran the ./setup.sh with root privileges. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello I have a problem with the offline compiler on Ubuntu (unsupported, I know). The compiler runs fine until a inconsistency detected error stops the program. It does not matter whether I use the high-effort flag or not. Previous problems with this were in Eclipse and could be solved using an update. I haven't seen one for this problem yet. Has anyone encountered this before, and do you know a fix or workaround? 

The full error is: 

Inconsistency detected by ls.se: dll-close.c 762: _dl_close: Assertion 'map->l_init_called' failed Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware. 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As to the 811 error, I just encountered this when I tried to run the command line programmer on my home computer (ubuntu as well). 

And found this solution http://gruvin.me/2016/11/intel-quartus-16-1-fix-for-inconsistency-detected-by-ld-so-dl-close-c/. It resolved the error, but as I also have some JTAG issues I cannot now verify. I will update if I get it working. 

edit: 

to preserve the solution in case the website mentioned ever goes offline I thought I would copy the commands used. 

cd ~/intelFPGA_lite/16.1/quartus/linux64 rm -f libboost_system.so
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks a lot! I tried it and it works just fine. No problem with JTAG :) 

--- Quote Start ---  

As to the 811 error, I just encountered this when I tried to run the command line programmer on my home computer (ubuntu as well). 

And found this solution http://gruvin.me/2016/11/intel-quartus-16-1-fix-for-inconsistency-detected-by-ld-so-dl-close-c/. It resolved the error, but as I also have some JTAG issues I cannot now verify. I will update if I get it working. 

edit: 

to preserve the solution in case the website mentioned ever goes offline I thought I would copy the commands used. 

cd ~/intelFPGA_lite/16.1/quartus/linux64 rm -f libboost_system.so  

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Id did partially work for me. Sometimes I need to run illall -9 jtagd. But it works indeed. (the command-line programmer, I have not used the GUI.

0 Kudos