Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

USB Blaster Altera DE2-115 Cyclone IV support in Windows 10 64-bit?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I plugged my Altera DE2-115 Cyclone IV to Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 10 says drivers are not installed, though USB Blaster drivers are installed during Quartus II installation along with Cyclone IV support. Quartus II also does not recognize the device. 

What is going on here? Is there no driver support of Cyclone IV for Windows 10 64-bit?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is (still) no mention of Windows 10 on Altera's operating system support (https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/download/os-support.html) page. So, no. I doubt there is any driver support yet. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You might want to file a service request to MySupport to inquire on this since the Win10 is not in the supported OS list currently.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Altera's support for Windows 10 will follow in their own time. No amount of pestering/mySupport cases will expedite it's release. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You are right. Believe the resource to put in to support new OS might be significant and hard to justify through service request.

0 Kudos