Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

The expected Stdout device name does not match the selected target byte stream device

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've been working on a project using Quartus and we've been getting this error (The expected Stdout device name does not match the selected target byte stream device name.) in the 'Run Configurations' for a while now. We are not sure what's going wrong. We have recompiled and regenerated everything. We have also made sure STDOUT is selected in the settings. Has anyone had this error before or any suggestions what might be wrong? :cry:

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just a guess... 

Did you configured the stdout as jtag_uart or uart

I'm asking this because I saw somewhere that it was reported by Altera that at one oldest version that naming the Jtag serial interface device in Qsys as for instance jtag_uart0 could have problems, so that it should have the same name, exactly as appears on "BSP Editor".
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Kausik, 

What do you mean you have "made sure STDOUT is selected in the settings?" 

I am stuck on this error too and am trying to fix it as well. 

Because if I go into Qsys and change the name to jtaguart_0, then I get an error window complaining about the name when I generate BSP.
0 Kudos