Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

NIOS II: everything in "system ID properties" is "not found"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Everyone, 

I'm a beginer in FPGA and Softcore NIOS II. 

I'm trying to get a "Hello world small" program work. 

I followed all the steps you will find in the attached file "BE_Controle_CVS_seance6.pdf" from my previous school. 

In the attached file "schematic" you will find the final schematic I'm getting at. 

I compile my top level entity in quartus : no error 

Then I programm the FPGA and I let the small time limited window open 

Then I generate BSP 

Then Build all 

Then when I go to debug configuration, I have : 

Expected system ID base address: not found 

Expected system ID: not found 

Connected system ID: not found 

Expected system timestamp: not found 

Connected system timestamp: not found 

thanks everyone in advance 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I add the 2 following attached files when I launch Debug or Run: 

Many Thanks to the ones who could help me out :)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can go to "Debug Configuration" and checked the box "Ignore SysID and Timestamp" and Run again

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you check that your clock and reset is properly connected and assign at pin planner?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I know this issue is old, but I also ran into it and didn't really find a solid answer on google or other threads. However, I have resolved this issue for myself and may be this will be useful serving others. 

Background.. using max10M50D F484 eval kit and Nios II helloworld tutorial. I successfully completed the tutorial the first time and pressed the wrong push buttons (one of them is for reset or something..) before validating correctness of button vs. led. Anyways, I rebooted and tried to do the software portion again but was unable to because system IDs were not issued/found. I tried to reprogram the board and do the whole thing over, still no good. 

Solution (what worked for me).. I went back and read the portion about setting up nios in qsys and noticed that it specifically said to "uncheck initialize memory content... you will initialize the software executables from Eclipse." I did that and went through the whole process again and was able to successfully see 'hello world' again. 

Have a go and good luck!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your help mnguyend! 

I am trying to follow your instructions: 

--- Quote Start ---  

Solution (what worked for me).. I went back and read the portion about setting up nios in qsys and noticed that it specifically said to "uncheck initialize memory content... you will initialize the software executables from Eclipse." I did that and went through the whole process again and was able to successfully see 'hello world' again. 

Have a go and good luck! 

--- Quote End ---  

Which window/setting did you find the box to "uncheck initialize memory content"? 

Thanks, 

Vinny
0 Kudos