Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20645 Discussions

MAX10 TSD problem (CH 17 ADC)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am working on temperature sensing diode(TSD of MAX10 SAU169C8GES). I am getting value 57 (decimal) on the channel number 17 always.  

f = 10 MHz 

external VRef = 2.5V 

Mode = Standard sequencer with external sample storage 

Seq Slot = 1 with TSD loaded 

Maybe I have a problem with my code. Please check it and if possible please provide me a working code example (VHDL). Thanks
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please read MAX10 Device Handbook for more detailed information and compare what you have with that is written.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Alex... but I read that handbook already and wrote that code accordingly. Interesting thing is that all other channels are working properly but TSD is showing constant value. This is the problem!!!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

if it works correctly than you expect values like in temprature conversion code table. 

but what is value for channel counts in handbook? for U169 it is reported 8 and device has only one ADC. but figures contain 16... 

and documents send us to device overview for particular device part number. 

i think 'up to' and 'equal to' is not equivavalent and putting in technical documentation phrases for advertisement presentation should be strictly prohibited
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

single supply devices have only one ADC and it has 16 dual funtional inputs, 1 dedicated analog input and one temperature sensor. In total 17 channels and one TSD.  

dual supply devices have two ADCs but the no. of channels are almost same. I dont know why they did it like that. But my concern is to run the TSD now. I am stuck here.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

okay... 

you can turn off all channels except TSD to check functionality. 

You can open pin planner for you device and check bank 1A - 8 pins. 

Then you need to check ADC IP parameters that not more than 10 channels = 1dedicated analog + 8 dual function + 1tsd
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just read values of TSD... it is running with single cycle ADC conversion configuration perfectly. but with continuous ADC conversion it is giving problem.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ok. could you provide how sequencer is parametrized in ADC IP? Are there any warning or errors in IP wizard?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

very simple... I change nothing in IP. but I write in my code "sequencer_csr_writedata = X"0000_0003"". by doing this you are configuring ADC as single cycle conversion. you can consult it from handbook.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

great, perhaps value sequencer_csr_writedata <= X"1" for sequencer good enough to run continous 

But you should consider calibration cycle when changing from temprature to normal sampling...  

but I advise to recheck sequencer, for disabling channels from 9 to 16 for U169 defice. in the sequencer you can put TSD channel is slot only once(twice, thrice) in the middle of sequence and fill others slots for your signals, i suggest your use all 64 slots available.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm having a similar issue. Do you remember how you solved this?

0 Kudos