Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Debugging Host Compilation using EDS for AOCL SDK

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello forum, 

Looking to get my new machine up and running with the new Quartus Prime Standard, along with AOCL SDK and EDS. I have it all installed and have set the environment variables as needed, but am getting the following error when attempting to compiled a sample from the Altera website. 

Running the following code in Embedded Design Suite: 

aoc device/matrix_mult.cl -o bin/matrix_mult.aocx --fp-relaxed --fpc --no-interleaving default --board de1soc_sharedonly 

Gives the following error: 

process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -O2 -fPIC -Ihost/inc -I../common/inc -IC:/altera/15.1/hld/host/include host/src/main.cpp ../common/src/AOCLUtils/opencl.cpp ../common/src/AOCLUtils/options.cpp -LC:\altera\15.1\hld\board\de1soc\arm32\lib -LC:/altera/15.1/hld/host/arm32/lib -W1, --no-as-needed -lalteracl -lalterahalmmd -lalterammdpcie -lelf -lrt -ldl -lstdc++ -o bin/matrix_mult, ...) failed. make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified. make: *** Error 2 

I believe it is a simple thing that I am missing, but I cannot for the life of me find it. I have this set up working correctly on other machines, but on this one it does not want to work, and I believe I have missed a simple step. 

My environment variables are as follows: 

ALTERAOCLSDKROOT : C:\altera\15.1\hld 

AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT : C:\altera\15.1\hld\board\de1soc 

PATH: %ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\bin;%ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\host\windows64\bin;%AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT%\windows64\bin; 

QSYS_ROOTDIR : C:\altera\15.1\quartus\sopc_builder\bin 

QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE : %ALTERAOCLSDKROOT% 

Interestingly, and may be a sign to help point in the right direction, when attempting to run the setup from Cygwin, I get the error that ALTERAOCLSDKROOT does not point to the correct folder, although it does. Giving me the error: 

Makefile:36: *** Set ALTERAOCLSDKROOT to the root directory of the Altera SDK for OpenCL software installation. Stop. 

Any help in this simple problem would be greatly appreciated! 

~Chris
0 Kudos
0 Replies