Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

SignalTap-II and tri-state/bi-directional signals/pins

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

I want to tap (insert to SignalTap-II) the tristate/bidirectional pins... I understand that SignalTap-II doesn't support this feature, only flops/buffers that drive these pins could be tapped...  

The issue is so I need to tap the signals coming from the HPS generated code (I2C and GPIO signals)... So, how can I find the flops/buffers, which drive these signals?  

Thank you
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi All, 

I want to tap (insert to SignalTap-II) the tristate/bidirectional pins... I understand that SignalTap-II doesn't support this feature, only flops/buffers that drive these pins could be tapped...  

The issue is so I need to tap the signals coming from the HPS generated code (I2C and GPIO signals)... So, how can I find the flops/buffers, which drive these signals?  

Thank you 

--- Quote End ---  

Dear All, 

I'm also interested in this topic. I want to signal tapping HPS I2C0 bidirectional signals by preserving HPS-side pin assignments. 

Is there any progression in this thread? 

Regards, 

Zsolt
0 Kudos
anonimcs
New Contributor I

Hi all, I'm also interested in this topic. This thread hasn't been alive for some time, but would be nice if this is answered by an Intel employee or any other community member.

Cheers

0 Kudos