Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

New 15.1 install - Quartus Prime can't see devices

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just jumped from v 11.1 to 15.1. 15.1 downloaded and installed itself, and appeared to install devices. However, when I start Quartus, I get a pop-up: 

"You successfully installed the Quartus Prime software, but did not install any devices. Do you want to launch the device installer to add devices?" 

Hmm, I did install devices, but I click Yes anyway. 

then I get: 

"The Quartus Prime software cannot launch the Device Installer for Widnows 8 and newer operating systems" and words about launching from the Start button. 

Hmm, I'm running Windows 7, but OK, I launch Device Installer from the Start button. I click Next over to the Select components dialog box. It shows everything clicked and grayed out. Wish I could make the screen shot bigger: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11726&stc=1  

I click Next and get this message: 

"You didn't select any components to install. You need to select at least one component to be able to continue. Any components that are selected and appear in dimmed text are already installed." 

So they're already installed, but when I start the app, it doesn't think they're installed. 

I tried re-booting, no help. Based on a post from last October, I'm going to try uninstalling and re-installing with the Quartus install files and the device files in the same folder. 

Anybody have other ideas? Does this behavior maybe have to do with licensing (4 of us share a single floating license)? 

Is this a bug fixed in 15.1.1 (currently downloading that)?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It looks like you downloaded the Quartus 15.1 file and not any of the devices file. Go back to the d/l page and get the file(s) for the device(s) you need and then run the device installer again.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize this message had actually posted - it looked like the applet crashed yesterday, so I gave up on it. 

Anyway, uninstalling, then reinstalling with the Quartus files and the device files in the same folder solved the problem.:p 

Cheers! 

MADman
0 Kudos