Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Any Magic to Make *.qxp Partition File Work in Quartus Prime Pro v16.0+ (Spectra-Q)?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm working with Arria 10 and using Quartus Prime Pro v16.0+, which uses the Spectra-Q synthesis engine. 

An IP provider's design includes a *.qxp exported partition file that successfully compiles under Quartus II v15 and was allegedly hardware tested on a Arria 10 GX FPGA Development Kit board. 

Has anyone successfully used a *.qxp file with Arria 10 on Quartus Prim Pro v16? Is there anything special required to make it work? 

Alternatively, the *.qxp is essentially only being used to obfuscate the underlying IP block. Is there a new obfuscation method to encrypt netlists for Quartus Prime Pro that I can recommend to the vendor? 

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm pretty certain that won't work. .qxp files are part of the Incremental Compilation flow in Quartus Prime Standard, where Prime Pro is going to a new database and new underlying flow for incremental compilation. As for another method, it's possible the provider could become an IP partner with Altera, as they can encrypt their source and deliver it that way. (Probably overkill for what you're doing, but throwing it out as an option.)

0 Kudos