Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

Use RTL code as library in OpenCL?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

Altera mentioned that it's possible to include RTL design into OpenCL code as a compiled library.  

I can't find documentation about it, I tried looking at the design examples "library1 & 2" and still have no clue on how to do this.  

The xml file looks complicated, like the INTERFACE part and what goes to the REQUIREMENTS. And why does it need a CL file that writes the function again if it's including from RTL? 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Documentation can be found on the OpenCL Programming Guide which details how to setup the XML and to create an RTL library to be used in OpenCL 

https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/hb/opencl-sdk/aocl_programming_guide.pdf#_opentopic_toc_processing_d116e26845 

The necessary structure to create the OpenCL library can be found there. A C model of the function in OpenCL is used for emulating the HDL's functionality.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks! The key words keep being messed up and I didn't think it would be in the introduction hand book:rolleyes:

0 Kudos