FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

DE0-NANO Pin Out Voltage Warning

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hallo 

I am using DE0-NANO board for my project and i get the following warning from the pin out voltage. I am using 3.3 V LVTTL for all the pins and 8 mA  

I am attaching my pin out file.  

Warning (169177): 6 pins must meet Altera requirements for 3.3-, 3.0-, and 2.5-V interfaces. 

Info (169178): Pin clk_enable uses I/O standard 3.3-V LVTTL at N9 

Info (169178): Pin clk uses I/O standard 3.3-V LVTTL at R8 

Info (169178): Pin reset uses I/O standard 3.3-V LVTTL at E1 

Info (169178): Pin BCLK uses I/O standard 3.3-V LVTTL at B7 

Info (169178): Pin WS uses I/O standard 3.3-V LVTTL at A7 

Info (169178): Pin Input uses I/O standard 3.3-V LVTTL at C8 

This warning doesn't have any effect on the complitation, i am just concerned if it has any effect on the hardware i am connecting to. The input coming from my external hardware to development board GPIO pins are 3.3 V LVTTL
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Shauk, 

--- Quote Start ---  

i am just concerned if it has any effect on the hardware i am connecting to. The input coming from my external hardware to development board GPIO pins are 3.3 V LVTTL 

--- Quote End ---  

1. Check the drive strength, That is your Voh>vih min & Vol< vil max and current requirement (Assuming your FPGA pins are output and hardware connecting are input) 

2. And also the trace capacitance, Voltages may vary at higher frequency please check max load driving capability of output pins. 

If this has been taken care there will be no issues. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Warning (169177): 6 pins must meet Altera requirements for 3.3-, 3.0-, and 2.5-V interfaces. 

--- Quote End ---  

1.This warning is automatically generated when we use voltage levels 2.5 & 3.3V. 

For more information check below link 

http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an447.pdf (http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an447.pdf

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation) 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hallo 

I am using DE0-NANO board for my project and i get the following warning from the pin out voltage. I am using 3.3 V LVTTL for all the pins and 8 mA  

I am attaching my pin out file.  

Info (169178): Pin clk uses I/O standard 3.3-V LVTTL at R8 

Info (169178): Pin reset uses I/O standard 3.3-V LVTTL at E1 

Info (169178): Pin BCLK uses I/O standard 3.3-V LVTTL at B7 

Info (169178): Pin WS uses I/O standard 3.3-V LVTTL at A7 

Info (169178): Pin Input uses I/O standard 3.3-V LVTTL at C8 

This warning doesn't have any effect on the complitation, i am just concerned if it has any effect on the hardware i am connecting to. The input coming from my external hardware to development board GPIO pins are 3.3 V LVTTL 

--- Quote End ---  

These are all completely normal INFO lines for this board. All the I/Os are in a 3.3V bank (not changeable). You can alter the class from LVTTL to LVCMOS, and change drive strength, etc as required via commands in the .qsf file for the design. 3.3V LVTTL at 8ma is the typical setup. Nothing to worry about.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ak6dn & Anand thanks to both of you for your help.

0 Kudos