Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12605 Discussions

Eth not working on CycloneV/Atlas-SoC. Outdated board file?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Does anyone have an updated board_info.xml file for the CycloneV Atlas-SoC kit? 

I'm building linux-altera-ltsi (Linux version 4.1.33-ltsi-altera (oe-user@oe-host) (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02-rc3~dev) )# 1 SMP Sat Nov 11 01:46:17 CET 2017) on Yocto Pyro. I'm able to compile and boot everything. 

However, for some unknown reason I cannot get Ethernet up, and the only clue for it is found in dmesg: 

stmmaceth ff702000.ethernet: snps,phy-addr property is deprecated stmmaceth ff702000.ethernet: Could not get reset control! stmmaceth ff702000.ethernet: No sysmgr-syscon node found stmmaceth ff702000.ethernet: Unable to parse OF data  

I find the "snps,phy-add" statements in the board_info_*.xml from here: https://github.com/dwesterg/atlas-soc-ghrd/blob/master/board_info/board_info_atlas_soc_ghrd.xml 

I am inclined to think that this file contains outdated syntax. Does anyone have an updated version of this file? Is there a documentation anywhere about how the syntax of these board files should be?
0 Kudos
0 Replies