Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

Quartus Pro v16.1 Design Partitions Window missing 'Preservation Level' functionality

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I am working on a large FPGA design, and the Quartus Pro's Incremental Block-Based Compilation Feature would be very useful to me. I am currently following a tutorial on incremental block-based compilation : design partitions lecture from Altera's website (https://www.altera.com/customertraining/olt/ibbc_design_partitions_p2/presentation_html5.html) . My Quartus software (i.e. Quartus Prime Pro version 16.1) has a design partitions window but i can't find the important 'preservation level' functionality as described by the tutorial. 

Please does someone know why this is so? and where i can find this important functionality in order to perform incremental compilation on my research project? 

(i attached the Design Partitions Window) 

Thanks 

W
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm pretty sure that functionality was not added until 17.0. 16.1 doesn't have it. The only use for design partitions in 16.1 was for partial reconfiguration.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I'm pretty sure that functionality was not added until 17.0. 16.1 doesn't have it. The only use for design partitions in 16.1 was for partial reconfiguration. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks. I realized version 17.1 has it.
0 Kudos