Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Arria 10 memory simulation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to use ModelSim to simulate a small design in Arria 10. Design is a counter driving a ROM. Quartus 17.1 compiles OK.  

ModelSim Error (copy & paste)# ** Error: (vsim-3033) nofile(38): Instantiation of 'generic_m20k' failed. The design unit was not found.# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: /dmix_nco_e2c5_vlg_tst/i1/\ROMs[31].ROM|rom_1port_0|altera_syncram_component|auto_generated|altsyncram1|ram_block2a11 File: nofile# Searched libraries:# C:/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/altera# C:/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/twentynm# C:/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/altera_mf# C:/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/220model# S:/***************/simulation/modelsim/work#  

I can't find 'generic_m20k' in the libraries. Help anyone please!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Haven't simulated it but it appears to be in the alteral_lnsim_ver library. (Win10 won't let me upload a pic). 

Did you: 

$(VLOG) $(QUARTUS_ROOTDIR)/eda/sim_lib/altera_lnsim.sv -work altera_lnsim_ver  

and  

VSIMFLAGS += -L altera_lnsim_ver  

~SysTom
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Haven't simulated it but it appears to be in the alteral_lnsim_ver library. (Win10 won't let me upload a pic). 

Did you: 

$(VLOG) $(QUARTUS_ROOTDIR)/eda/sim_lib/altera_lnsim.sv -work altera_lnsim_ver  

and  

VSIMFLAGS += -L altera_lnsim_ver  

~SysTom 

--- Quote End ---  

Ah, so it is. Thanks, SysTom. I'm not quite sure what to do with it, though. I wasn't clear earlier, but I'm using the ModelSim IntelFPGA (freebie) version, so normally all the simulation elements are in the various ModelSim-ASE folders - sometimes difficult to find there too. Perhaps it is time I read through the docs again, I expect there are new things since ModelSim first became the tool to use after Altera dropped its own built-in simulator. 

Regards,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Ah, so it is. Thanks, SysTom. I'm not quite sure what to do with it, though. I wasn't clear earlier, but I'm using the ModelSim IntelFPGA (freebie) version, so normally all the simulation elements are in the various ModelSim-ASE folders - sometimes difficult to find there too. Perhaps it is time I read through the docs again, I expect there are new things since ModelSim first became the tool to use after Altera dropped its own built-in simulator. 

Regards, 

--- Quote End ---  

Later: 

OK, I needed to add the pre-compiled altera_lnsim folder to my 'do' script. Simulation now runs, thanks. 

Previously these folders have descriptive names, e.g. arriav, arriav_hssi etc. 'altera_lnsim' is not so helpful, and Windows search does not find 'generic' in the files in the folder. 

Regards,
0 Kudos