Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

SignalTAP v16+ and Clock Enable signal problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I found a nasty problem with SignalTAP on Quartus v16 and up.  

I've used Quartus v13.1 before and i often used Storage Qualifier signal as a clock enable. I've used "input port" option and clock enable signal to reduce the sample collection rate. It worked fine. 

After i've moved to v16 (and then 16.1, 17.0) i found that storage qualifier doesn't work anymore. It either ignored or even work unpredictable at all.  

So, is it know bug in SignalTAP on v16+ or Clock enable now accomplished by other way? Then how?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I haven't heard of any changes with this or seen any issues with it. What exactly happens?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As i've wrote - Storage Qualifier is ignored in v16+. I see SignalTAP is collecting samples at full clock rate. 

I didn't try 14.0-15.x - so i don't know if this problem has been introduced earlier.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What changes or anything have you done to the project as you've moved up in versions? Have you been updating IP and recompiling or are you using a version-compatible database? The feature works so it must be something in your project that has changed or not been updated that is preventing it from working for you.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It happens in all my projects, including new projects created in v16.

0 Kudos