FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

NEEK Cyclone III edition programming

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I´m new to Altera and I´m using Nios II Embedded Evaluation Kit (NEEK), Cyclone III Edition.  

My first question is: Do I need any programming device betweeen PC and NEEK? I tried connetction with cable, which have on one side USB connector and on the oher side is compatible connector with NEEK board, but PC can´t find any hardware to programm. 

Second question is: When I open Nios II - Eclipse, I want to create new Nios II Application form BSP template, than I´m going to choose created BSP file and when I click Finish, there is error "./create-this-bsp --cpu-name cpu --no-make". I tried to open Eclipse in mode Run as administrator but the problem still persists. How can I fix it? 

Thank you for yours answers
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

1.Turn on the board and check JP8 should be OPEN: USB-Blaster Enable and check 

2.Set compatibility mode or reinstall Nios II - Eclipse and check. 

or try with different quartus 13.1. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

1. JP8 is disconnected that provides LF_EN is on logical 1. But I´m trying to use J3 conector and PC can´t find any hardware. 

2. By compatibility mode you mean compatibility with Windows? I tried to change it to compatibility with Win 7, XP and I have changed version of software from 13.1 to 12.1, but the problem stil persist.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

1.Yes, that jumper setting is important for hardware to be detected and yes i know you are using j3. 

2.Have you installed programmer?(so that your hardware is detected with auto detect option after turning on the board) 

https://www.altera.com/downloads/software/prog-software/121.html 

3.Try to load sample program like hello world. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Yes, I have installed programmer, but hardware is still undetectable. 

Can I load any program without connection?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

--- Quote Start ---  

Yes, I have installed programmer, but hardware is still undetectable. 

--- Quote End ---  

1.Is USB Blaster driver installed properly? (check in device manger and also check other thread for more information on drivers) 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

thank you for support, driver is instalation was sucesfully. I had to manually show the driver a path to the driver. But one error is still persists.. When I open Eclipse, click on New, than Nios II Application and BSP from Template, in window choose file.sopcinfo and click on finish, there is error "./create-this-bsp --cpu-name cpu --no-make". It is the same on version 13.1 and alsoo 12.1. I´m using Windows 10, isn´t it problem?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Problem solved. Choosen directory from Eclipse must be set to directory, where is actual project. Thank you for your advices :)

0 Kudos