Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

error: Channel support is not enabled

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,I compiled project PipeCNN on the github with Intel OpenCL SDK for FPGA 17.1 and get the following error 

In file included from /home/wangjf/PipeCNN/project/__all_sources.cl:2: 

PipeCNN/project/device/conv_pipe.cl:75:24: error: Channel support is not enabled 

channel channel_vec data_ch attribute((depth(0))); 

Anyone got an idea? Thanks in advance!!:-P
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I see that you have already opened an issue on Github about this; I recommend waiting for a response from the owner of the repository. My guess is that since the channel extension and functions have been renamed from Altera to Intel in Quartis v17.0 and above, while that project uses the old names, you are running into this issue.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I see that you have already opened an issue on Github about this; I recommend waiting for a response from the owner of the repository. My guess is that since the channel extension and functions have been renamed from Altera to Intel in Quartis v17.0 and above, while that project uses the old names, you are running into this issue. 

--- Quote End ---  

BTW,I am trying to compile it with VERSION 16.1,however,it points out me that I must have a valid license.So,I can do nothing.:D 

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I changed OPENCL_EXTENSION in the Makefile to OPEN EXTENSION and it can solve the above problem. 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I had the same problem as you. Tried your method and still not working. Can you share how you finally worked it out? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,can you tell me the details of your problems? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I add both of these, and it can work. 

# pragma OPENCL_EXTENSION cl_altera_channels : enable 

# pragma OPENCL EXTENSION cl_intel_channels : enable
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I add both of these, and it can work. 

# pragma OPENCL_EXTENSION cl_altera_channels : enable 

# pragma OPENCL EXTENSION cl_intel_channels : enable 

--- Quote End ---  

The first line can be deleted.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi,can you tell me the details of your problems? Thanks. 

--- Quote End ---  

Finally it worked out using# pragma OPENCL EXTENSION cl_intel_channels : enable 

In your original post it was# pragma OPEN EXTENSION cl_intel_channels : enable so it didn't work. Anyway thx! 

After successfully compiling the conv.aocx file with hw setting (which took hours), running it seems taking forever.. I'm wondering how long does it take you to run it on the FPGA device?
0 Kudos