FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

TerasIC DE10 NANO HDMI. Simplest example to start from, creating graphics.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm very new to the dev board, however i'm looking for the above. 

I wish to add logic, use the DDR memory and create custom language code. 

Is there an example to work from. Simplest appreciated as i'm a single developer. 

Hopefully thanks. 

Paul.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have the Terasic User manual? There are a few simple example HDMI projects described in the manual. 

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=205&no=1046&partno=4 

Resources->User Manual
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I'm very new to the dev board, however i'm looking for the above. 

I wish to add logic, use the DDR memory and create custom language code. 

Is there an example to work from. Simplest appreciated as i'm a single developer. 

Hopefully thanks. 

Paul. 

--- Quote End ---  

Well, or not, using the CD HDMI TX example and seeing the test image just like a TV interruption I have to say... "where is the private forum".
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Guess TerasIC is somewhere between Jurassic & terrible. Give out schematics and code but only licensed to use with there boards. £116 and no mention of it. 

Should of purchased 5000 logic gates and a few IC's, at least got something. 

Have to get a refund... failure of licensing notice. 

HDMI is old and the board is an older revision and no longer stores it's memory. 

The HDMI projects are code only, the code is old style and so awkward by the time you get somewhere some other techology will be presented as... 

I was hoping as it has Linux, though Linux is larger than a pile, create logic functions? No. 

the drugs don't work but there want to see your face again.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Guess TerasIC is somewhere between Jurassic & terrible. Give out schematics and code but only licensed to use with there boards. £116 and no mention of it. 

Should of purchased 5000 logic gates and a few IC's, at least got something. 

Have to get a refund... failure of licensing notice. 

HDMI is old and the board is an older revision and no longer stores it's memory. 

The HDMI projects are code only, the code is old style and so awkward by the time you get somewhere some other techology will be presented as... 

I was hoping as it has Linux, though Linux is larger than a pile, create logic functions? No. 

May include the kitchen sink but why is sewage dripping out the tap?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hard to tell what you're expecting, here, or what the problem may be. Terasic isn't generally known for having great code, but since it is mainly to verify components on your board are working it's not a huge obstacle. 

The DE10 NANO simply uses the Analog Devices ADV7513 for HDMI TX. It's straightforward, and AD provides all the reference code you need to get started (see AN-1270). Start with the empty Golden reference Terasic provides, hook up the AD example code, and provide it all the right clock for your chosen resolution.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hard to tell what you're expecting, here, or what the problem may be. Terasic isn't generally known for having great code, but since it is mainly to verify components on your board are working it's not a huge obstacle. 

The DE10 NANO simply uses the Analog Devices ADV7513 for HDMI TX. It's straightforward, and AD provides all the reference code you need to get started (see AN-1270). Start with the empty Golden reference Terasic provides, hook up the AD example code, and provide it all the right clock for your chosen resolution. 

--- Quote End ---  

Can you go in to a ADV7513 TX without the verelog or vhgl code? As I'm all so new at it and I'm sure you can repeat your presumptions of simplicity, as I want to be just like you? How do you make your shoes so shiny? 

I'm off in a direction of create a web service, make some cash and see you later.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

On this card the ADV7513 is hooked up to the logic side of the SoC, so you'll need to use Verilog/VHDL/etc. to interface with it. The AN-1270 appnote has the code you need, it's mostly just a copy/paste affair. The part's input is typical HSYNC/VSYNC raster.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Finally  

Is that board good for industrial control and artificial intelligence or I go for beaglebone board with sitara processor ??
0 Kudos