Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

[ModelSim] Where to see a log of the commands

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

Where can I see a log of all the commands, which ran in ModelSim ever by manual entering/typing in the Transcript window or by using ModelSim buttons?  

Thank you!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi All, 

Where can I see a log of all the commands, which ran in ModelSim ever by manual entering/typing in the Transcript window or by using ModelSim bottoms?  

Thank you! 

--- Quote End ---  

Apologies dmitryl but I didn't know Modelsim has bottoms?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I meant "buttons" :-) So, do you have an answer? Where is a log file of ModelSim/Questa located? What's the log name?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I meant "buttons" :-) So, do you have an answer? Where is a log file of ModelSim/Questa located? What's the log name? 

--- Quote End ---  

yes the filename is "transcript" and should be either in modelsim directory or as decided by modelsim.ini 

for example you may have the following ini command: 

; File for saving command transcript 

TranscriptFile = transcript
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How can I change a location of the Transcript File? 

Currently it's located and updated here: "C:\questasim64_10.4c\examples\transcript

But, the project itself is located here: "D:/units/hp/led/msim/project" 

So how to set so all the Modelsim files will be located/updated in the project directory?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there any response? Should the transcript file be in the project directory? How to change its location?

0 Kudos