Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

Error (12097): Can't find port "reset" in OpenCore Plus entity "alt_vip_cvo_core".

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

We are using HDMI-FMC kit from Terasic and trying to bring-up loop-back demo with Arria 10 kit. They provide Loop-back demo design with HDMI-FMC kit and I am trying to regenerate the demo bit-stream on Quartus 16.0 and I get below error. I am not sure what the issue is. I have tried loading the design on Quartus 15.1 and also on Quartus 17.0, but I get the same error on all the versions of the software. I am able to open Qsys file and regenerate HDL files without any issues. I contacted the Terasic tech-support, they claims it's license issue; however, I doubt that because I looked at all the warning and error messages and I do not see any warnings or error messages related to license. Has anyone seen this kind of issue before? 

Error (12097): Can't find port "reset" in OpenCore Plus entity "alt_vip_cvo_core". -- OpenCore Plus specification file is invalid 

Regards, 

Hanumanth
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I figured out the issue: I didn't have the valid license for VIP IP Suite. However, it was not obvious from the warning and error messages in Quartus.

0 Kudos
New Contributor I

Hello, how did you solve this problem?  I have encountered the same problem as you. thanks.

0 Kudos
New Contributor I

I have solved this problem. It truely is license problem.

0 Kudos