Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

qsf file setting is not correct, how to get correct qsf file?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear all, 

When I compile OpenCL kernel to generate aocx file by using the command "aoc device/vector_add.cl -o bin/vector_add.aocx --board de5a_net_e1 --report", I met an error "The junction temperature range value of '[-40 c, 100 c]' is illegal". 

I find that in "base.qsf", from line 153-175 are extra lines which never appeared before. 

Especially in these lines: 

-------------------------------------------- 

set_global_assignment -name MIN_CORE_JUNCTION_TEMP "-40" 

set_global_assignment -name MAX_CORE_JUNCTION_TEMP 100 

set_global_assignment -name DEVICE 10AX115N3F45I2SG 

-------------------------------------------- 

This is definitely wrong, because the temperature should between 0 and 100, and the device should be 10AX115N2F45E1SG. However, I don't how these wrong settings appeared.  

Because I type "aoc *.cl -o *.aocx --board" command , I don't know what to do to change the qsf file. Anyone can help me to figure out how to eliminate this error and get correct settings? Thank you so much.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Terasic has two DE5a-Net boards. One uses an I2 device, the other an E1 device. They provide separate BSPs for these two boards. You seem to be using the wrong BSP.

0 Kudos