Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

How to enable the DirectGMA extension on a WX5100 using the 16.50 Ubuntu amdgpu-pro

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Bonjour, 

I am working on a Linux device driver for a PCIe cart. I want to add a feature allowing the PCIe card to write data directly into the AMD WX5100 card memory using the DirectGMA technology. I already did it on Windows without problem. 

I work on a Linux computer using Ubuntu 16.04.4 with kernel 4.4.0.87. I installed the amdgpu-pro driver version 16.50. It work fine. I now need to enable the DirectGMA extension. The documentation said to use amdconfig but I do not have amdconfig on my system. 

The amdgpu module parameters include a parameter for the DirectGMA memory windows size. I set it to 96 MB using a boot option but this did not enable the extension. 

How can I enable the DirectGMA extension on my WX5100 when using the 16.50 Ubuntu amdgpu-pro driver? 

Thanks in advance 

Martin
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think you are in the wrong place; this forum is for discussing OpenCL on Altera/Intel FPGAs, not AMD GPUs. You should probably try AMD's developer forums or contact their support.

0 Kudos