Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

unused prn/clrn inputs

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Noob question if I may. 

In the schematic editor, how should I pull up unused prn/clrn inputs to a flip flop? 

Currently I tie them to an unassigned input pin default vcc. Circuit works fine, but that doesn't seem right.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

--- Quote Start ---  

In the schematic editor, how should I pull up unused prn/clrn inputs to a flip flop 

--- Quote End ---  

Using Assignment Editor you can pull up, check the screenshot. 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/operation-and-testing/io/io-features.html#programmablepullupresistor 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I know about pin pullups, thanks. My question was about unused flip flop inputs. Using discreet logic I would pull these up. Currently I'm assuming if I leave them unconnected the synthesizer will optimise the function out. Seems to work.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Can you please brief your question with Schematic editor (screenshot), what are you trying to do & what issue are you facing? 

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos