Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20690 Discussions

Multi-Device AS/JTAG programmming issues

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a design that includes 2 Cylcone IV E devices (EP4CE22F17C6) and a single EPCQ32 serial configuration device. They're in a Multi-Device AS Configuration as detailed by the Cyclone IV handbook. I've also included a JTAG interface connected to the master Cyclone IV. 

My goal here is to program the EPCQ32 through a .jic file, which then programs the 2 Cyclone IV devices. 

Unfortunately, when I try to program using said .jic file, the Cyclone IV successfully accepts the SFL program, but then I get the following error: 

"Error (209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1. A device's silicon ID is different from its JTAG ID. Verify that all cables are securely connected, select a different device, or check the power on the target system. Make sure the device pins are connected and configured correctly." 

I have verified that the hardware is configured correctly. 

Now, when I try to program the master Cyclone IV over JTAG with a .sof, it "completes successfully", but doesn't actually program the chip (GPIO outputs are all default still). 

Any solutions or even just insight on my particular setup would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

After you program the Cyclone IV with the SFL, can you do an autodetect again and see if the EPCQ32 is correctly recognized by the programmer? 

Try also with another version of Quartus. I remember for example having problems using the SFL with the programmer installed with Quartus 16.0, but it worked fine with the one from 15.1.
0 Kudos