Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

Verifying Configuration Memory after Programming

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm working on an application for a high EMI environment and need to constantly verify the configuration of an FPGA to ensure that the circuit isn't being damaged/altered by the noise. I know I can do it prior to programming the device, but how do I go about reading/verifying the configuration of a chip that's already been programmed? Is there a way to access the LUTs from the JTAG header? I don't need to know where the problem occurs, only whether something's been altered. A go/no go scenario, where any change causes me to halt the chip. If not JTAG, is there any other way for me to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you talking about SEUs? Check out these online trainings: 

https://www.altera.com/support/training/catalog.html?coursetype=online&keywords=seu
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That looks like it could work. I'm also investigating CPLDs for this use case, is there anything similar for those? I see that the MAX10 family can use the SEU IP but I don't see anything about the MAX V family. Ideally I'd like to be able to do a real-time checksum on the program memory and verify that it's still good.

0 Kudos