Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

NicheStack TCP/IP Stack usage question "Maximum Number of Tasks must be four or less"

ZXiao1
Beginner

Hi,

I am using the NicheStack TCP/IP Stack in the UCOS . And I find the words "Maximum Number of Tasks must be four or less" in the software developer's handbook. I don't understand why the is task number constrain in this usage. Dose anyone know this ? 

thans

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JosephC_Intel

Hi Zxiao1,

NicheStack TCP/IP Stack allowing us to creates one or more system level tasks on initialization stages.

This is defined in advanced when netmain function is called. We can change this on the system level tasks through in ipport.h. Just go to your BSP project, in the iniche/src/h/nios2 folder under #define statement and config the module of priority, inclusion or stack size based on your requirements.

There are more information stated in below tutorial guide:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/pdfs/literature/tt/tt_nios2_tcpip.pdf

Best Regards,

JosephC

Intel Customer Support

Sales Marketing Group

0 Kudos