Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Terasic DE1-SoC not working with Intel SoC FPGA Edition DS-5

RHobb
Beginner

I just got the DS-5 software from Intel to debug and control the HPS in the Cyclone V FPGA board I got from Terasic. The board connects, I can see the peripheral registers in the CPU, however I can't get the debug session to run. I have multiple errors (5000 plus errors). I have the path correctly set up, scatter file, preloader, .ds script, ps script, tcl script. Everything works fine on my end. But the software is just not connecting or downloading the application, or queries the socket connection continuously with faults. Anybody can help?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

Is this DS-5 runs on Linux or Windows?

Seems it runs on Linux, and it misses some environment setup.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RHobb
Beginner

I'm running a baremetal program using ARM 5 compiler. I actually just solved this problem because I had no preloader installed, and it was causing runtime errors due to the watchdog timer timing out and resetting the PC. I have loaded the included DE1-SoC computer (Intel FPGA program included with the Monitor program), which has the preloader and u-boot SPL, and at first the startup program worked which caused the 7 segment LEDS to scroll in animation, now it doesn't upon startup.

Regardless, now I'm having issues with the debugger

ERROR(?):  Value 0x574785de does not match expected value 0x5859a089/0xffffffffERROR(?): 

ERROR(CMD656): The script C:\intelFPGA\18.0\embedded\ds-5\sw\debugger\configdb\Scripts\altera_target_check.py failed to complete due to an error during execution of the script

What is causing this error?

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

Its better to share the log messages to trace the issue,

Thanks

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

Are you able to share with me the log mesages?

Thanks

0 Kudos