Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

Defining Device in Eclipse for HWlibs

AShiv
Novice

As the question states I am having trouble defining the device in the eclipse DS-5 Arm client for use with HWlibs. I understand I have to add a preprocessor macro with the device, in my case soc_cv_av, but they changed the way the macros are added in eclipse. Here is the old way and how it looks in all the Altera guides found online:

However I suppose at some point they changed the interface since much of the project build setting are different so now it looks like this:

Requiring a symbol as well as a value. I've tried:

Symbol: -D      Value: soc_cv_av

Symbol: -d      Value: soc_cv_av

Symbol: ALT_DEVICE_FAMILY      Value: soc_cv_av

Symbol: soc_cv_av      Value: soc_cv_av

None of which did anything about the error. It's extremely frustrating. I was able to run a simple hello_world without HWLIBS but now as I am getting into using the bridges I need those files. I appreciate any help thanks!

3 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

Which DS-5 version are you working with, plus which GHRD version is that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

I would like to know if you could manage to solve your issue.

thanks

0 Kudos
AShiv
Novice

Hi FJumaah, sorry I thought I had responded to this. I was using DS5 5.28, GHRD was the one that came with Quartus 18.0. I cant remember the exact version of it though. I came up with a work around by using a makefile based project instead of a Eclipse managed one. Thanks though!