FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Conf done pin failed to go high in device1

ocan
Beginner

Hi,

I have a problem when my card is programming with JTAG.

I opened with Quartus Prime 15.1 . I want to program with JTAG interface.

But,

Sometimes I click start button so I looked program failed.

The error is Conf done pin failed to go high in device1. Later After Little time spend , I click start button so, My fpga is programmed.

I dont understand why did not my card program the first click ???

Can u help me please,

Thank u very much.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It is likely that your FPGA is being programmed by the flash. If you are able to confirm that all the power is on and stable, and the configuration is idle then you should be able to configure it during your first click​

0 Kudos
ocan
Beginner

​Firstly,  I am sure all the power is on stable and the configuration is idle. I want to program FPGA with .sof file. But sometimes  I did not programmmed, What do u think of can my  altera blaster's velocity affect  my fpga programming badly ???

Sometimes I the first clicked start program so ıt was succesfull.

If  all the power is not stable, MYfirst click would not be succesfull.

what do u recommend with me ?

thanks a lot ...

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi

May I know which blaster are you using? if you are using USB-Blaster II then I would recommend to change the TCK frequency.

If you are still seeing the issue then I would recommend you to measure nConfig, nStatus and CONF_DONE pin before and after configuration. This is to further understand what is going on. Sometimes, if you have a insufficient strength in your CONF_DONE pin can cause the issue. Lowering the resistor value might help it

0 Kudos
ocan
Beginner

​I sent my usb blaster fıigure, ı use USB Blaster RCN I. I can use MAX 10 FPGA. The confıgure pin that is config pin done. Do u know it that has a internal resistor.?

I read max10 datasheet, I just design 10K resistor pull up that connect to config pin done.

I think it is neccessary to configure .

After I did other suggestion , what do u think  should I lower the resistor value ??

I measured config pin done's pull up resistor. It is apporixitemely 7K ohm . ı am sure the resistor value 10K ohm during multimeter.

I dont understand detaily :(  What did it happen later which  program failed :( ? 

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Could you measure the nConfig, nStatus and CONF_DONE pin during configuration?​

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Could you measure the nConfig, nStatus and CONF_DONE pin during configuration?​ This is so that we are able to further debug the issue

0 Kudos
ocan
Beginner

Sorry johnt for not reply to you because of my illness :. As soon as I can work , I will reply and can measure. .​

0 Kudos