Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

Use PLL CLKOUT pins as regular I/O pins in Stratix 10

Wujun
Beginner

Hello,

Can I use PLL_2C_CLKOUT0n and PLL_2C_CLKOUT0p,PLL_2C_CLKOUT0,PLL_2C_FB0 as regular I/O pins in Stratix 10?

Refer to the Pin list of 1sg280es UF50, they are IO function, and PLL CLKOUT are optional function. So I think they can treat as regular I/O pins?

Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Please note the above pins can be used as I/O or dedicated clock signals . Please refer the page no: 5 of the pin connection guidelines.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/dp/stratix-10/pcg-01020.pdf

Regards,

RS

0 Kudos
Wujun
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your explanation.

Page no 5 has a description about PLL_2C_CLKOUT0,PLL_2C_FB0, and it can be treated as I/O. Page no 6 has a description about PLL_2C_CLKOUT0n, but it says "can be used as two single-ended clock output pins or one differential clock output pair." Does PLL_2C_CLKOUT0n cannot be treated as a single-ended input pins?

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi Wujun,

Apology for the confusions, the sentence only meant that the pin have the capability to use as an single ended and as differential ended signals. That means to say PLL_2C_CLKOUT0 pin pair ( p and n) can be used as differential pair signals. and Individually can be used as single ended signals.

PLL_2C_CLKOUT0p one signal

PLL_2C_CLKOUT0n another signal

Hope it clarifies.

Regards,

Rs

0 Kudos
Wujun
Beginner

Hi RSree

Thank you. I made a typo, and actually I wanted to ask “Does PLL_2C_CLKOUT0n cannot be treated as a single-ended input pins?” Anyway, these two pins can be treated as two single ended I/O signals.

0 Kudos