Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Can't open Q17.0 Standard project because it is seen as a "Pro directory structure"

FatEs
Beginner

Hi,

I use Q17.0 standard on W7 (I don't use or have any Quartus pro, maybe a 30d trial version a long time ago but now uninstalled).

To share projects, I sometimes copy/paste project folders to another PC (so the top folder containing everything).

Quite often I can open the original folder .qpf but the copied version can't be opened because it as a "pro directory structure".

what are the differences between pro and standard directory structures?

Do I need to delete or edit some files?

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

If at any point you opened the project in Pro, you'll get this error.

You may have to take your HDL code and create a new project in Standard. You can probably use the same .qsf file in the new Standard project. If your project uses Platform Designer, that's a bit trickier. A Pro .qsys file cannot be used in Standard.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You cannot open/compile design created in Pro edition in Standard edition. You can migrate a design from Standard edition to Pro edition but not the other way around. You may create a new project in the Standard edition and add those required files in the project directory.

To compare both editions, refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/po/ss-quartus-comparison.pdf

Thanks.

0 Kudos
FatEs
Beginner

the problem is I don't have or use Quartus Pro.

I have a project in a folder F1:

• I can open it, compile it and modify it with Quartus 17.0 Standard without any problem
  • if I copy folder F1 to a new folder F2 and try to open this 2nd "identical" version, Quartus 17.0 Standard often detects F2 folder as a "Pro structure" and won't open it.

So, I am wondering how is it possible. Is their a corrupted or missing file somewhere?

Which file or folder triggers this "Pro directory structure"?

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Can you try to archive the design by clicking Project > Archive Project > Archive

After this, you can un-archive the project by opening the project in new directory.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
FatEs
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for you answers !

It worked by using "Archive Project" and also "Copy Project".

Still can't explain why a simple Windows copy doesn't work. But at least it worked. And Windows copy seems to work also now.

0 Kudos