Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16559 Discussions

Unable to implement On chip Flash with UFM 5888kb on Max 10

AAnch
New Contributor I

I am trying to implement the Onchip Flash Intel IP macro in Max10 device with 5888kb of user flash memory (UFM). As per the flash user guide, configuration in this mode is:

CFM0 :- Image 1

CFM1/2:-UFM

UFM0/1: UFM

So for this configuration, the mode to select as per the user guide (Table 2) is Single Compressed Mode.

The Quartus Project setting and the qsys setting used to generate Onchip Intel Flash IP are matching as below:

In Quartus Project: *_SOC.qsf

set_global_assignment -name INTERNAL_FLASH_UPDATE_MODE "SINGLE COMP IMAGE"

In qsys project setting: * _design.qsys

<parameter name="CONFIGURATION_MODE">Single Compressed Image</parameter>

In the assembler step getting the below error message.

Error (14703): Invalid internal configuration mode for design with memory initialization

The Max 10 device I am using is 10M50DAF484C6G. DA in the device means: Dual supply - analog and flash features with RSU option. So the device must support this size of onchip flash.

If I select the single Compressed Mode with memory initialisation, then the implementation step goes through without any problem. Below are the two questions

1. So could you please let me know why I am unable to implement the design to use complete 5888kb of on-chip flash UFM region.
  2. Selecting the memory initialization brings down the UFM flash size to 512 kb. Could you please let me know why does the UFM flash size come down with memory initialisation ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Your error happened because you enable the Initialize memory content in custom FIFO or a RAM block.

The workaround for this error, you need to ensure that the Initialize memory content in custom FIFO or a RAM block is disable (uncheck the Initialize memory content button).

You can refer to picture below (in my design I use RAM).

sasasasasasasasa.JPG

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Your error happened because you enable the Initialize memory content in custom FIFO or a RAM block.

The workaround for this error, you need to ensure that the Initialize memory content in custom FIFO or a RAM block is disable (uncheck the Initialize memory content button).

You can refer to picture below (in my design I use RAM).

sasasasasasasasa.JPG

Thank you.

0 Kudos